|Presentation Topic : Current state and strategy of international cooperation of a Korean-style smart city|
Current state and strategy of international cooperation of a Korean-style smart city
While cities account for only 2% of Earth’s area, 55% of the human population lives in cities, causing serious urban problems, like traffic jams and global warming.
Smart city has become a global buzzword to address urban problems and provide efficient urban services using information technology.
From the beginning of the 2000s, Korea has been promoting smart cities (U-City) with various international cooperation in order to share these experience and know-how.
In particular, LH’s model for urban development and the provision and management of public housing is an exemplary case for international mutual development and the smart city industrial eco-system.
This presentation will introduce policies and the development of a Korean-style smart city (LH), as well as seek out a constructive direction for international cooperation.
Details will include the background of smart cities, international trends, Korean smart city policies and structure, the government’s international cooperation for smart cities, LH’s current international cooperation and strategy for smart cities, and the development direction of smart cities.
- (2019. 06. ~ current) Member of Committee, New Town Forum of MoLIT(Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport)
- (2017. 04. ~ current) Member of Board, Urban Design Institute of Korea
- (2005. 07. ~ current) Director, Smart City Lab, Institute Of LH
- (2003. 09. ~ 2005. 07.) Invited Researcher, Gyonggi Research Institute
- (1999. 03. ~ 2003. 08.) Ph.D, Department of Architecture, Graduate School of Korea University
- (1997. 03. ~ 1999. 02.) Master, Department of Architecture, Graduate School of Korea University
- (1991. 03. ~ 1997. 02.) Bachelor, Department of Architecture, Korea University