|Presentation Topic : Smart healthcare for protecting the health of citizens|
Smart healthcare for protecting the health of citizens
A smart city using information and communication technology and eco-technology is a great future growth engine with great impact in transportation, energy, environment, etc. Notably, among various major platforms in the smart city, smart healthcare will provide different medical services, such as remote patient monitoring service and patient management at medical institutes, contributing to a higher quality of life among residents through disease prevention and health management.
The smart healthcare platform will be equipped with the latest digital and mobile technologies, namely eHealth and mHealth systems, as well as intelligent (artificial intelligence) and connected (IoT) medical devices. It can serve as an important element in creating public health-oriented urban planning by establishing infrastructure connected to communications and data.
Therefore, it is necessary to establish a smart healthcare ecosystem that can provide not only individualized health and medical care services that enable disease prevention, condition monitoring, diagnosis, treatment, and management anytime anywhere, but also comprehensive services, such as welfare and safety by converging various innovative technologies with infrastructure and accumulated information in the eco-smart city.
- (2009. ~ current) Director, Department of Healthcare Service Innovation, Korea Health Industry Development Institute
- (1994. ~ 1998.) Nursing Administration, Ajou University Hospital
- (1991. ~ 1994.) Staff Nurse, Severance Hospital
- Yonsei University, Ph. D. Graduate School, Nursing
- Yonsei University, M.P.H. Graduate School of Public Health, Hospital Administration
- Yonsei University, B.S.N. College of Nursing