|Presentation Topic : Development of AI for Safety Korea(ASK) solution based on big data for smart cities|
Development of AI for Safety Korea(ASK) solution based on big data for smart cities
Disaster response starts from the recognition of said disaster to the end of it. Thus, it can be seen as a continued decision-making process based on various information constantly collected from spatial areas and past experiences.
In the past, due to the limited technology for collecting information, it was inevitable to rely on the subjective experience of decision-makers as there was limited information available for situation assessment and decision-making.
Recently, with the remarkable development of information-collecting technologies, the amount of information available for decision-making processes has rapidly increased. However, there are still limitations in the human capability of information processing in order to fully utilize the increased volume of information in a disaster response, which requires prompt decisions.
By developing a Korean-style decision-making aid system for disaster response (ASK, AI for Safety Korea) that takes advantage of big data and artificial intelligence algorithms backed by remarkably developed information-collecting and processing technology, we would like to shift from a decision-making process for each disaster response stage based on subjective experience and judgment to a consistent standardized system.
- (2008. 10. ~ 2009. 02.) Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- (2008. 02. ~ 2008. 09.) Postdoctoral Researcher, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- (2006. 06. ~ 2006. 07.) Adjunct Researcher, Korea Electronics Technology Institute
- (2004. 03. ~ 2008. 02.) Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Ph.D. Structural Engineering/Civil Engineering
- (2002. 03. ~ 2004. 02.) Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, M.S. Structural Engineering/Civil Engineering
- (1997. 03. ~ 2002. 02.) Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, B.S. Civil Engineering